Skip to main content

A bonded title is a document that can prove an individual’s ownership of a motor vehicle. It is also known as the ‘Certificate of Title Surety’. In case a person wants to register a car with the DMV, sell the car, or wants to buy insurance for their car, this title can be used in place of a standard vehicle title. Moreover, in the majority of the states, such titles can be issued for different kinds of vehicles like buses, motorcycles, cars, trucks, etc. You can get high-quality Texas car title transfer and bonded title services from Swift Auto Titles.

Requirements for obtaining a bonded title

Now that you know what a bonded title in Texas is, let’s take a look at how to obtain it and what are the requirements that need to be met. The main requirements for getting it are listed below:

  • Make every possible effort to obtain the original car title and any other documents by getting in touch with the previous owner. This can be done using certified mail. Make sure you keep the receipts of the mail sent.
  • Get all the relevant forms from your local DMV. Swift Auto Title Services is always there to make your work easy. Whether you want a bonded title service or title transfer Harris County, we can get the job done quickly.
  • You can only file for a bonded title if the vehicle was purchased or was gifted to you. You cannot get this title for an abandoned vehicle.

What can this title be used for?

A bonded car title can be used for the following:

  • To find out the ownership of a vehicle for legal purposes
  • Preventing the problem of misrepresentation when selling a vehicle
  • Allows the owner to register the vehicle with the DMV and also lets the owner buy insurance for the car

Reasons you might need it

You purchased a vehicle but never received a title

You will need a bonded auto title in case you bought a vehicle but unfortunately never received a title. In such a situation, you will have to prove that the vehicle you have is in fact yours. A bill of sale or a cancelled cheque is considered valid proof in such a case.

You bought a vehicle but only got a bill of sale

If you have received a vehicle as a gift or purchased it and only received a bill of sale with your purchase, then you might need a bonded title.

Leave a Reply